Tuesday 24 November 2020

My Day as a Girl (Part 3)

 As I finished sweeping mom seemed satisfied. Then she called me to teach how to wash dresses worn on previous day.

Soon I hand washed the nighty, panty and the bra. Then she told me to dry them on the roof.
While going up she reminded the lingerie should be kept hidden in the lower rows.
Rest of the night was uneventful. I helped her in cooking, learnt how to make dal.
After dinner I cleaned vessels and the kitchen. By around 11 PM I went to sleep.
As I was about to enter I was reminded about the rules.
For 2-3 weeks everything seemed to work out smoothly.

But then one day, mom brought out her expensive porcelain set. It was a complete set including 12 cups and saucers, 3 serving bowls, 12 serving plates and cutlery to go with them. It had to be cleaned for next day’s tea party.
As I was cleaning the cups and stacking them two of them slipped and broke. After that all hell broke loose.
Mom was very angry and started scolding me for ruining her party. I got 4-5 slaps on each cheek as return gift.
Then she started searching for another set. This time she stood by my side and wiped each item and stacked them neatly for the next day.

As we were done she dragged me to my bathroom and ordered to strip. I removed the nighty I was wearing that day.
She reminded me to remove the bra as well. Then she started waxing using wax strips which was painful.
After waxing my whole body was burning and turned red. She handed a body lotion and told me to use it after a bath.
Once I was done I was back to routine.

The next day after we had lunch she said me to be ready for the party.She declared I will be in-charge of the kitchen and if I did anything wrong then the punishment will be severe.
Then she told the dress for the evening is laid out in the room. It needed no further instruction.
I went up to my room and found a half saree laid out on the bed.
I got myself cleaned and wore the lingerie. Then I came out and requested my mom to help with dressing.
She came in and ordered me to remove the towel.
First went the petticoat which was in matching maroon color to the half saree and it was fastened tightly.
Then she pushed the pushed the lehenga part from my head and tied it around my waist.
Soon she helped me with the choli and tied the string from behind. It was tight and was hard to breathe in.
Then she helped mt with the dupatta and made me seat in from of vanity. Yes by now I have my own vanity with makeup kits, bangles, etc.
She pushed 9 maroon glass bangles in each hand and a silver anklet with lot of bells on my ankles.
She did my make up to look presentable.

As she finished she told me to go to kitchen and prepare tea, kachori and bread pakoda for 12 people.
Soon I was in kitchen and started preparation. With bangles, anklets and tightness of the half saree it was difficult to manage.
Once I got in the groove I forgot about what I was wearing.
After around 30-40 mins mom came and checked in kitchen if tea & snacks were ready. She was happy with the progress.
By 5 PM I finished the snacks and kept them in hot box to keep them warm. Then I started sweeping the house.

As the clock hit 5:30 PM the calling bell rang. I rushed from kitchen and opened the door.
All of my mom’s friends were there at the door wearing lavender sarees of variety of designs.
As I settled them on sofas mom came from her room wearing lavender saree herself.
I was amused but then as I entered the kitchen I could see the porcelains had lavender designs on it.
I took 12 glasses, water and cold drinks from fridge for the party on a serving trolley.
That’s when someone asked when did Shivangi, my sister returned.
Mom had quick reply that I was actually Shlok. They were shocked at first but as mom finished with the story they appreciated.
Some of them actually said that I had lost some weight which I had not noticed yet.

Soon I went to kitchen arranged cups and saucers in the trolley. I poured tea from saucepan into tea pot, hot milk on the creamer, sugar cubes and arranged them on the trolley. I served each of them tea of their choice and was complemented on how well I looked. I thanked each of them before proceeding.
That’s when Minal aunty said she had switched to Green tea. So I rushed to kitchen, brought a green tea sachet, lime wedge and prepared green tea for her.
As I was preparing green tea Neha aunty asked why did she change the dress color. Mom told about my mistake and said as a punishment I was the server of the party.
She was quite happy and pinched on my cheek. Then she asked my mom about no piercings. Mom responded saying those are for punishments and they laughed.
Now I did one more round with the snacks for them and left to prepare dinner.
Today for dinner I started preparing poori chole. During the preparation I was called in several times to serve more snacks, water and cold drinks.
I did considerably well and they all seemed satisfied. As the party was finished and they started leaving, Minal aunty asked if I would help her for her tea party that will happen next month. Mom agreed. Minal aunty made sure I must be wearing something that matches next month’s theme.
After they left mom came and patted on my back saying I did good. Then the usual routine continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment