Tuesday 24 November 2020

My Days as a Girl (Part 1)

 I was sitting on a stool in front of my vanity mirror waiting for my mom to call me and looking down at my green painted toes in 3 inch peep toe pumps.

Well, Today is my birthday or let’s just say first anniversary. It was small ceremony where only my family was present.
For my birthday, I adorned a beautiful green lehenga with a golden sleeveless deep back blouse. It had a green net chunni which was flowing from my left shoulder.
While my right hand was filled with 12 golden bangles, my left hand sported a golden bracelet watch and a gold ring emerald stone on it.
My earlobes sported drop shaped earrings which had a emerald center surrounded by white stones to match with the pendant I was wearing which rested right over the U neck of the blouse.
My face was well made up with deep red lipstick and maroon eye shadow.
My hair was brushed and left open with a small butterfly clip on the back which were coming up to mid-back.
My both hands were filled with Mehandi up to my elbow and manicured fingers were painted with green nail polish.
Soon my mom called, “Stuti!”
I stood up and placed a fake smile started walking towards the hall carefully holding the chunni.
While I was going my mind started wondering why did I respond to that name when I am “Shlok”.

Well let’s rewind to a year back.

I am shlok, a 22 year young boy. My family included my parents and a sweet elder sister.
My father owns a grocery shop and my mom owns a beauty parlor.
My sister has finished her MBA and now works in a MNC in Bangalore.

I had just finished my graduation, I was exploring my future options. So I was just exploring my future options.
Since there was constant source of income so there was not any pressure on me to choose my options.
I started staying at home and started growing my hair as well.
Soon I started gathering fat around my body and my mom started pestering me to start doing exercise.
Well even though I was not lazy, I never liked doing exercises. So I ignored my mom.
This irritated her to the core.

Then One day she decided enough is enough.
And that was exactly a year before today. So today they are celebrating the birthday of Stuti.

No comments:

Post a Comment